How can you support Bernie’s Book Bank’s mission to increase book ownership among children throughout Chicagoland?
- Donate Books: Give your children’s books a second life! We collect all new and gently used children’s books for birth through 6th grade readers. Drop off your extras or host a book drive and we will pick them up.
- Organize a book drive; collect books for Chicagoland children from community members. Contact Carol for more details.
- Volunteer during one of our weekly sessions. Come solo or organize a group to sort, sticker & pack books.
- Donate $16 to provide 8 quality books for a year for one child; $80 provides for 5 children.
- Encourage children to hold a bake sale or lemonade stand to benefit Bernie’s Book Bank.
- Attend Birdies & Books or another Bernie’s Book Bank fundraiser event.
Have another idea?
Your book donation helped support the message that reading is for pleasure. This morning our school pounced on the excitement from the students and hosted a school wide DEAR time. (Drop Everything and Read) Honestly, you could hear a pin drop and the smiles were absolutely delightful.