Organize A Book Drive
Hosting a book drive for Bernie’s Book Bank is fun, meaningful and easy to do!
Individuals, schools, religious groups, corporations, sports teams, book clubs, and civic organizations have hosted successful book drives to collect quality books for at-risk children throughout Chicagoland. Bernie’s Book Bank provides all the necessary tools and materials, get started today!
Helpful hints for a successful book drive:
- Pick your dates: We recommend two weeks, including two weekends, which keeps it simple. For a large community effort, a longer drive might be more successful.
- Pick a place: Please make sure to get permission from your designated location before leaving collection bins there.
- Set a goal: Make it meaningful and reach for the highest number you can!
- For a goal of 1,500 books or less, we can provide you with a PDF flyer to help advertise your book drive.
- For a goal of 1,500 books or more, we can provide you with collection bins, signs and posters. We can also deliver all materials to you before the book drive and pick them up at the conclusion of the drive.
- Spread the word:
- Pass out the flyers and hang the posters we provide
- Post on social media or send an email
- Ask for announcements to be made at meetings or by your teachers
- If you are associated with a school, company, civic or religious organization, put details in your newsletter or on your group’s website
Double Your Impact
Celebrate a successful book drive by volunteering with us! We house 18 weekly volunteer sessions, Monday through Saturday.