Thank you for your interest in hosting a book drive! We have postponed book drives until further notice. If you are interested in hosting a book drive in the future, please fill out an inquiry form below and we will reach out to you when book drives resume. Questions? Contact Used Book Acquisition Specialist Carol Collier at [email protected]
Organize A Book Drive
Hosting a book drive for Bernie’s Book Bank is fun, meaningful and easy to do!
Why host a Bernie’s Book Bank book drive?
- There is no cost
- It is easy to plan and execute
- You will have an impact on local underserved children
- It is a great opportunity for team building and leadership
- You and/or your group have the option to volunteer following the book drive to see the full impact of your donation
Organizing a book drive is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3:
- Pick your dates: We recommend a length of two weeks, including two weekends, for your book drive. For a large community effort, a longer drive might be more successful. Keep in mind, Bernie’s Book Bank needs 2-3 weeks’ notice prior to the desired start date of your drive.
- Choose a group and location: You can host a book drive as an individual or with your corporation, school, civic or religious group, sports team, etc. Please make sure to get permission to place collection bins in your desired location prior to the start of your drive.
- Set a goal: Make it meaningful and reach for the highest number you can!
- For a goal of 1,500 books or less, we can provide you with a PDF flyer to help advertise your book drive.
- For a goal of 1,500 books or more, we can provide you with collection bins, signs and posters. We can also deliver all materials to you before the book drive and pick them up at the conclusion of the drive.
Ready to plan your book drive? Submit a book drive inquiry form to get started today!
Double Your Impact
Celebrate a successful book drive by volunteering with us! We house 18 weekly volunteer sessions, Monday through Saturday.