Title: Processing Center Specialist (Volunteer Facilitator)
Reports to: Processing Center Manager
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non Exempt
Job Status: Full time
Bernie’s Book Bank is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player to serve as Processing Center Specialist. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about our mission to significantly increase BOOK OWNERSHIP among at-risk infants, toddlers and school-age children.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The primary job responsibility of this position is to support Processing Center operations
- Lead and facilitate volunteer groups
- Assist in the processing of books
- All other duties as assigned
- MUST have and exude an exceptionally positive, “I CAN/I WILL” attitude and be self-motivated
- MUST demonstrate an understanding of the value of relationships as the lifeblood of Bernie’s Book Bank
- MUST represent the following qualities: problem-solving, strong work ethic, fast-paced, flexible, responsible, communicative, organized, personable, multi-tasking
- MUST be able to work some Saturdays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to take direction
- Acceptable background check results
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent will typically be working in a warehouse environment and operating a vehicle. Will be required to see, hear, and touch on a regular basis. Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted as may be needed to help move or load books. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential job duties.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to Amber Emken, Human Resources – Business Specialist.