Title: Collection and Distribution Specialist
Reports to: Book Collections and Distribution Manager
FLSA Classification: Hourly
Job Status: Full-time
Bernie’s Book Bank is a non-profit organization that collects, processes and distributes quality new and gently used children’s books to significantly increase BOOK OWNERSHIP among at-risk infants, toddlers and school-age children throughout Chicagoland. Bernie’s Book Bank is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player to help collect children’s books throughout the Chicagoland area.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Pickup and distribute books and book collection materials, to various book collection and distribution partners across Chicagoland.
- Assist in the preparation of book collection and distribution materials.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist in the book processing center as needed.
- MUST be passionate about the mission of Bernie’s Book Bank.
- MUST have an exceptionally positive, “I CAN/I WILL” attitude and be self-motivated.
- MUST exhibit the following qualities: problem-solving, strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, communicative, organized, personable/diplomatic, multi-tasking, relationship-building.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- MUST be available Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, some holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Clean driving record and acceptable background check results.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent will typically be working in a warehouse environment and operating a vehicle. Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and be able to move and load books. At times, may be required to work within the book processing center.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential job duties.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Scott Kulefsky at [email protected]