Chances are, you either have children’s books you aren’t using or know someone who does. Please consider donating them to Bernie’s Book Bank.
BOOKS WE USE
- We accept new and gently used children’s books (birth-6th grade reading level). This includes fiction and non-fiction titles, such as picture books, chapter books, graphic novels, mysteries, biographies, science fiction, sports, science, technology and more.
BOOKS WE DON’T USE
- Activity books
- Coloring books
- Reference material
- Religious books
- Foreign language books (dual language is OK)
WHERE TO DONATE BOOKS
- At this time, Bernie’s Book Bank (Lake Bluff Processing Center) is not open for book donations.
- Many book drop locations have re-opened, including all Wintrust banks! Find the book drop location nearest you.
- During the summer and fall we hosted many touch-free one day book drive events. We plan to resume these type of events in the spring.
- Have 500+ books? We’ll pick them up! Contact us to schedule a pick-up.
- Books should be packaged in boxes no larger than the size of a bankers box.
- We are not able to accept weeded books from school libraries.
Need a receipt for books donated at one of our book drop locations?
Have more than 500 books?
We’ll pick them up! Contact us for a large pickup. Please note, we are not able to accept weeded books from school libraries.
Interested in hosting a book drive?
Thank you for your interest in hosting a book drive! We have postponed book drives until further notice.
Contact Carol Collier, Used Book Acquisition Specialist at 847-780-READ (7323) or via email for more information.