*PLEASE NOTE: Bernie’s Book Bank is closed 11/23 & 11/24 for Thanksgiving*
This year, Bernie’s Book Bank will provide 333,000 children with 4 MILLION quality books- all of which were donated to Bernie’s Book Bank.
Chances are, you either have children’s books you aren’t using or know someone who does. Please consider donating them to Bernie’s Book Bank.
- Easy drop-off at Bernie’s Book Bank (917 North Shore Dr., Lake Bluff, IL 60044)
- Drop off books 8:30am- 5pm Monday through Saturday (CLOSED ON 11/23 & 11/24 for Thanksgiving)
- If you have a large number of books, we’ll unload them from your car into our side door. Head straight into our driveway and you’ll see a door halfway down on your left. Ring the doorbell and a team member will assist.
- Drop off books at any Wintrust Bank location.
- Find one of our book drop locations near you
- We can share a current Book Drive near you
- Have 500+ books? We’ll pick them up! Contact us to schedule a pick-up
We accept all new and gently used children’s books for birth through 6th grade level. Please NO textbooks, workbooks or reference material.
Have more than 500 books?
We’ll pick them up! Contact us for a large pickup.
Interested in hosting a book drive?
We make it easy to set-up & promote book drives at any type of organization. Rally your school, workplace, religious organization, book club to host a drive!
Contact Rosie Paparella via Email or call 847-780-READ (7323) for more information