Chances are, you either have children’s books you aren’t using or know someone who does. Please consider donating them to Bernie’s Book Bank.
BOOKS WE USE
- We accept new and gently used children’s books (birth-6th grade reading level). This includes fiction and non-fiction titles, such as picture books, chapter books, graphic novels, mysteries, science fiction, sports, art, science, technology and more.
BOOKS WE DON’T USE
- Activity books
- Coloring books
- Reference material
- Religious books
WHERE TO DONATE BOOKS
- Bernie’s Book Bank: At this time, Bernie’s Book Bank (Lake Bluff Processing Center) is not open for book donations. Beginning July 6th, Bernie’s Book Bank will be open for book donations Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Please bring your book donations to the side door by the dock and ring the doorbell for assistance.
- Book Drop Locations: Many book drop locations have re-opened, including many Wintrust banks! Find the book drop location nearest you.
- One Day Book Drives: To ensure a safe and speedy book donation experience, we’re hosting touch-free book drives throughout Chicagoland. See below for details.
- Have 500+ books? We’ll pick them up! Contact us to schedule a pick-up.
- Books should be packaged in boxes no larger than the size of a bankers box.
- We are not able to accept weeded books from school libraries.
BOOK DONATION @ BERNIE’S BOOK BANK
- Dates: Monday – Friday
- Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: 917 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Details: Please go to the side door of Bernie’s Book Bank by the dock and ring the door bell. A team member will open the door and assist you with your book donation.
ONE DAY BOOK DRIVES
- Stay tuned for more One Day Book Drives in 2022!
Need a receipt for books donated to Bernie’s Book Bank?