Chances are, you either have children’s books you aren’t using or know someone who does. Please consider donating them to Bernie’s Book Bank.
BOOKS WE USE
- We accept new and gently used children’s books (birth-6th grade reading level). This includes fiction and non-fiction titles, such as picture books, chapter books, graphic novels, mysteries, science fiction, sports, art, science, technology and more.
BOOKS WE DON’T USE
- Activity books
- Coloring books
- Reference material
- Religious books
WHERE TO DONATE BOOKS
- Bernie’s Book Bank: Bernie’s Book Bank is open for book donations Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please bring large book donations to the side door by the dock and ring the doorbell for assistance.
- Book Drop Locations: Many book drop locations have re-opened, including many Wintrust banks! Find the book drop location nearest you.
- One Day Book Drives: To ensure a safe and speedy book donation experience, we’re hosting touch-free book drives throughout Chicagoland. See below for details.
- Have 500+ books? We’ll pick them up! Contact us to schedule a pick-up.
- Books should be packaged in boxes no larger than the size of a bankers box.
- We are not able to accept weeded books from school libraries.
BOOK DONATION @ BERNIE’S BOOK BANK
- Dates: Monday – Saturday
- Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: 917 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Details: For large donations, please go to the side door of Bernie’s Book Bank by the dock and ring the doorbell. A team member will open the door and assist you with your book donation.
ONE DAY BOOK DRIVES
- Stay tuned for more One Day Book Drives in 2022!
Need a receipt for books donated to Bernie’s Book Bank?