This year, Bernie’s Book Bank will provide 360,000 children with 3.6 MILLION quality books- many of which were donated to Bernie’s Book Bank.
Chances are, you either have children’s books you aren’t using or know someone who does. Please consider donating them to Bernie’s Book Bank.
- Easy drop-off at Bernie’s Book Bank (917 North Shore Dr., Lake Bluff, IL 60044).
- Drop off books 8:30am- 5pm Monday through Saturday.
- If you have a large number of books, we’ll unload them from your car into our side door. Head straight into our driveway and you’ll see a door halfway down on your left. Ring the doorbell and a team member will assist.
- Drop off books at any Wintrust Bank location.
- Find the book drop location nearest you.
- Have 500+ books? We’ll pick them up! Contact us to schedule a pick-up.
We accept all new and gently used children’s books for birth through 6th grade level.
Please NO textbooks, dictionaries, activity books, coloring books, reference material, religious books or foreign language books (dual language is ok).
Need a receipt for books donated at one of our book drop locations?
Have more than 500 books?
We’ll pick them up! Contact us for a large pickup.
Interested in hosting a book drive?
We make it easy to set-up & promote book drives at any type of organization. Rally your school, workplace, religious organization, book club to host a drive!
Contact Carol Collier, Used Book Acquisition Specialist at 847-780-READ (7323) or via email for more information.