JULY 21 & 22 SIGN-UP NOW!
July 21: 4pm-10pm & July 22: 10am-4pm, come for an hour or stay all day!
All ages and abilities welcome, sign-up now!
Drop-In Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals & Groups of 2-8 People
Our mission is possible because of the help and dedication of volunteers like you!
We value your time: When you volunteer for Bernie’s Book Bank, it is our goal to ensure that you receive much MORE than you give. We encourage individuals, families and groups of any size to spend their community service hours sorting and bagging books for us. Each week, we host families, friends, and groups from businesses, religious, civic and children’s organizations (Scouts, sports teams, college clubs, etc.)
- We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities.
- The processing center is heated and cooled, but it is a warehouse setting. Please wear closed toe shoes.
- Individuals or individual families are welcome to join us at drop-in volunteer times shown below.
Drop-in Volunteer Schedule Drop-in/Small Group Volunteer Hours (8 people or less)
- Please arrive at the beginning of the session.
- No advance reservation necessary except for Saturday morning
Mondays: 3:30 p.m. -5:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Fridays: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.* Please click here to reserve a volunteer spot for any available Saturday morning.
Under 18 Volunteer Policies
Rules for volunteers under 14 years of age:
- There must be one adult present for the entire session for every four children under the age of 14
- All volunteers under age 14 who are volunteering with an adult other than their parent / legal guardian must have a signed copy of Volunteer/Parental Consent Form each time they volunteer, available here: Parental/Legal Guardian Consent Form
Rules for volunteers age 14-17:
- 14-17 year old volunteers may volunteer without a parent / legal guardian present only if they have a signed copy of Volunteer/Parental Consent Form each time they volunteer, available here: Parental/Legal Guardian Consent Form
Court Mandated Community Service
All court mandated community service hours must be approved by Processing and Volunteer Supervisor prior to volunteering.
Questions? Please contact: [email protected] or call 847-780-READ (7323).
You don’t have to work in education to know that there are many factors in learning to be a successful reader, but none is as important as having actual access to personal books. To low income and poverty level students book ownership is most often unlikely and, at best, infrequent. Bernie’s Book Bank comes walking right into the classrooms on a regular basis and makes the impossible possible for these children.Jane Vester