We provide everything you need:
- No cost and no additional work for staff
- Pick up of all books collected – at the end of your drive and during it, when requested
- Posters, professionally produced
- Promotional flyers to be sent home and /or the promotional PDF to be used electronically
- Collection receptacles that are sturdy, attractive and easy-to-use
- Easel signage, professionally produced
- Bernie’s Book Bank bookmarks for your school library
- Pep Rally, held at anytime during your drive and led by our staff (optional)
- Professional children’s storyteller during Pep Rally (optional)
- Cash prize/incentive to be used at your discretion
- Goal Setting
- Certificate of appreciation
Watch this video to see why a Pep Rally can make a big difference to your drive!
Give your students a great service learning opportunity that teaches them about:
- Goal setting
Ready to get started? Contact Dawn Watrous, Book Collections Manager at 774-826-9880 or email: [email protected]
Tips for planning a successful book drive:
A little competition goes a long way!
Have classrooms compete against each other, and try to beat the current record for most number of books collected from one school set in April 2012 by Roosevelt Elementary in Park Ridge (13,037 books!). We’ll provide a cash prize for use to reward the classroom that collects the most books.
Communication is critical!
The more families understand about Bernie’s Book Bank and where their books are going, the more successful the book drive will be. Take advantage of our offer to host an Pep Rally/assembly before the book drive begins. If that’s not possible, have each classroom watch a short video about Bernie’s Book Bank. Share the same information with parents through newsletters and flyers. We’ll provide all the marketing materials you’ll need for a successful book drive!