- We provide all promotional flyers to be sent home and /or the promotional PDF to be used electronically.
- We provide easy-to-use and attractive collection receptacles and professionally produced easel signage for your school.
- We provide your school library with Bernie’s Book Bank bookmarks.
- We provide book pick-ups upon request during the book drive to limit any inconvenience to the school.
- We provide professional children’s entertainment for use during a School Book Drive Pep Rally or wrap-up Celebration.
- We provide a pizza party for the winning classroom if the school conducts a book drive competition.
- We provide a large traveling trophy to the winning school if a number of schools compete against each other to collect books.
- We provide all schools with a framed letter of appreciation documenting each school’s participation and success.
Ready to get started? Get in touch with us! Email: [email protected]
Phone: 224-603-BANK (2265)
Tips for planning a successful book drive:
A little competition goes a long way! Have classrooms compete against each other, and try to beat the current record for most number of books collected from one school set in April 2012 by Roosevelt Elementary in Park Ridge (13,037 books!). We’ll provide a pizza party for the classroom that collects the most books.
Communication is critical! The more families understand about Bernie’s Book Bank and where their books are going, the more successful the book drive will be. Take advantage of our offer to host an assembly before the book drive begins. If that’s not possible, have each classroom watch a short video about Bernie’s Book Bank. Share the same information with parents through newsletters and flyers. We’ll provide all the marketing materials you’ll need for a successful book drive!
In these short videos, Executive Director Brian Floriani shares tips on how to sponsor YOUR successful book drive!